MEET THE COMPANY
Michael Allen—one of the original thought leaders in the strategic management field—founded the firm in 1979. His work at McKinsey & Co. and later at GE led to the development of the strategic business unit organization, the growth matrix for portfolio evaluation and resource allocation, and other core concepts of strategic management.
Today, Michael Allen Company (MAC) provides highly-specialized consulting services to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our healthcare clients. Our customer-focused approach to commercializing products, and effectively marketing them, has been used to help clients market several of the world’s best-selling healthcare products.
From our offices in Darien, Connecticut MAC consultants tackle difficult problems with innovative analytic approaches and deep business understanding, to deliver insights that can build businesses.
REMOVING THE LIMITS TO GROWTH
We dedicate ourselves to helping clients achieve sustained, profitable growth.
Our sole focus is to add significant commercial value for our clients through:
- Market-focused and market-driven approaches
- Constant innovation of our rigorous analytical tools
- Fresh, creative insights vs. analysis for the sake of analysis
- Experienced talent, proactively looking across industries and into the future for answers
- Recognition that no one individual “has a corner on the intelligence market;” we pull from the best of all our experiences in a non-hierarchal manner.
BENEFITS TO THE CLIENT
Identification of the means
to achieve tangible results
through competitive advantage
- Recognizing that IQ is not enough, we build talent that works with respect for others and without arrogance.
- As a trusted friend, we “worry with the client” and are highly responsive to their requests. We put the clients’ needs ahead of our own personal interests.
- We expend great effort to make all oral and written communications crisp and clear, full of business implications, not just findings.
An easy way for clients
to make progress
We choose to retain, not “burn out” our staff by offering competitive compensation, performance-based incentives, manageable workloads, and a community spirit that allows a balanced lifestyle. By increasing each other’s efficiency, we “work smart so that we can play hard.”
Continuity of a uniquely
qualified consulting team
We avoid even the appearance of impropriety, and uphold confidentiality. Whenever in question, we use the “New York Times Headline” test and ask the client for guidance.